It’s summer so why not bake a fruity cake? I saw this online and wanted to share with you a fun recipe for all the family. You’ll see why. I feel like this is something you could create on a sunday afternoon, a slow process because who rushes on a sunday? complement this cake with a fizzy fruity drink to finish off.
Perfect. So let’s get started.
1. Heat the oven to fan 180c. Line the loaf tin with parchment paper or grease with butter. Place the butter, caster sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract into a large bowl and mix with either an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is a creamy substance but will also be thick.
2. Spread a third of the cake mixture evenly into the tin and then scatter your fruit over the top, then repeat adding more cake mixture and fruit on top again. Finally with the remaining cake mixture, spread evenly over the fruit, spread well with the back a spoon evenly.
3. Bake for 1 hour and once done, insert a skewer stick to make sure it comes out clean. (I also used this time to wash up the things I used)
4. With the rest of the fruit you have, place it into a bowl and add in the granulated sugar. Add the citrus juice of your choice and stir using a fork, try to mash some fruit as you go a long. Spoon it over the cake and put set the cake in a tin to keep fresh and to leave the topping to set.
5. My favorite stage.. tuck in!
So there you have it, a summer fruit loaf! Give it a go and let me know below how it turns out!
Instagram | @TrevAndJessBlogs
Contact/business enquiries or to request a blog | TrevnJessBlogs@gmail.com
Love Trev and Jess