Howdy do! Howdy do! Howdy do! haha happy spring! or shall I say summer? How nice has the weather been here in the UK?! Trevor say’s that the weather is nice in Michigan to! So how are you? I only went and made some spring cupcakes hehe, if you want you can follow the recipe below!
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4. Line up your muffin tray with 9 cupcake cases.
2. In a bowl mix together the butter and the sugar until a creamy texture is formed.
3. Beat in the eggs and add the vanilla extract.
4. Fold in the flour and stir a little at a time. This is also the time to add in cocoa powder if you want chocolate cupcakes.. in this case, obviously I put chocolate cocoa powder in.
5. Use a spoon to pour the mixture into the cupcake cases. At this stage you can add 2 tbsp of milk in to make more of a good consistency.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, super quick! (This is also the perfect time to do all the messy washing up) and if you’re like me.. (also time to lick the bowl, I mean who doesn’t?)
7. Once the cakes are golden brown and the time is up take them out to cool and test to see if they are properly cooked using a probe. (The probe should come out of the muffins clean)
8. Set the cupcakes a side and let them cool for 5-10 minutes. Get your icing out ready as well as any decorations, in this case I picked up some easy yummy chocolate icing by Dr Oetker which I believe you can get in 3 different colours (Pink, Chocolate and vanilla) and I also picked up these super cute spring, edible sugar flowers, you can purchase them online here http://www.craftcompany.co.uk/daisy-cupcake-decorations-from-baked-with-love.html otherwise you can purchase them in Sainsbury’s.
Decorate your cupcakes however you want! This is how mine turned out 🙂
Instagram | @TrevAndJessBlogs
Contact/business enquiries or to request a blog | TrevnJessBlogs@gmail.com
Love Trev and Jess