Winter In Michigan!

Hello Everyone!

🙂

Are we off to a good start into 2017? Or are we still slowly getting over the Christmas break? Back into reality and already trying to shed the pounds from those large Christmas dinners and all that chocolate? Oh yessss it starts again people, has anyone perhaps achieved one of there New Years resolutions already? Have you started your resolutions? I’m sure what ever you’re doing is heading in the right direction so keep going friends and let me know in the comments below how you’re doing so far!

So yes so far my year is definitely of to a great start! As you’ve been reading from my previous blogs, you’ll know that I was going to Michigan to spend some time with my boyfriend Trevor and.. I’m officially in Michigan!  Yay! I couldn’t be happier right now, spending time exploring the beautiful state is exactly what I planned to do and especially with my favorite person. It’s so lovely to be back with him, we spent two months away from each other which felt like forever. He lives in America and I live in the UK so you can see the struggle it’s been, but we’ve been strong and we are making it work. Trevor spent six months with me in the UK and I’m currently visiting Michigan for three months, I’m loving every minute, the next stage is to look at visas to see where we go from there as to living with each other permanently. We definitely can not wait to spend our future together, so a lot of exciting things ahead. 🙂

As you can tell by some of the pictures you can see some of the spectacular views I have been lucky enough to visit so far. Below you can see the beautiful transformation from water to ice, we visited an Ice cave and we went inside where yesss! we were sliding all over the place because even the floor was Icy, so much fun! It was a remarkable view to see the color differences between the icicles too. Let me know if you have seen something similar to this? maybe upload some pictures so I can see.

We also went snow tubing! It was so much fun, sitting on the tube and laying across the tube to see how fast we could go down the slope, I’ve done this before in the UK but without snow so I wasn’t nervous to go down it but this time I rode down the hill on snow, so much more fun and a lot faster! Hey, sometimes it’s fun to let yourself go and let your inner childishness out haha. Take a look at the view from the top of the snow tubing hill. In front you’ll see the huge lake which was covered with thick ice, what a spectacular view, one of my favorite photos.

fullsizerender

I just wanted to share with you guys some of the beautiful spots I’ve been lucky enough to explore so far, admiring the beauty of nature, something you do not get to see every day in the UK that’s for sure. I encourage all of our readers to get out there with your loved ones and appreciate the little things in life you come across.

So also whilst I’m out here, I’m getting to try out some new sports (winter means > winter sports) Trevor has been teaching me how to snowboard.. I’ve had two lessons so far and it’s safe to say I definitely need more practice haha, I’m not too bad but I’m still trying to learn to stop myself with my board instead of falling over haha, hey it’s all fun and games and I’m loving it.

Also!

I’m learning how to snowmobile, oh my gosh people, I love it haha. I’m not sure what it is exactly but I think I just love how fast it can go and you can practically do anything through the snow. Trevor is great at snowmobiling and I’m not just saying that because he is my boyfriend haha, Over all I’m not that bad but I’m still not 100% confident with riding over bumps super fast without having great control over what I’m doing, but hey I’m learning and I’m sure with a few more tries I’ll master it. I also want to learn more tricks, I can now stand up whilst riding so I’m getting there. Below you can see Trevor’s snowmobile.

img_20161229_141521_659

a3cd3d82-f1c5-404f-b2f6-2fde20f6948e

I have just realized how much I’ve rambled on haha, but I guess you can tell I’m loving every minute being out here and being able to spend every moment I can with Trevor. I’ve even been able to try out new foods but I can tell you this in another blog.. another day haha.

I hope you have enjoyed today’s blog, please give it a like if you did, maybe even a comment too and if you have extra extra extra time.. why not go ahead and share it.

Don’t forget you can now also follow us on Instagram!

@TrevAndJessBlogs

Love Trev and Jess

x

untitled

SHARE:

31 comments so far.

31 responses to “Winter In Michigan! ”

1. We have a granddaughter married to an American in S. Carolina.

2. Welcome to Michigan! We get a lot more snow and a lot less rain than the UK. 😜 But I imagine the lack of sunlight is the same. Hee hee! I hope you enjoy our beautiful state!

• TrevnJess says:

Hey Melanie!

Thank you for the warm welcome!
      Definitely agree about the rain haha.
      I’ve been here about 4 weeks now and I’m loving it!

Jess
      X

3. dunelight says:

Winter in Michigan can be a lot of fun!

4. catherinecm says:

How fun! I am also in Michigan – glad you two are getting to spend time together

5. mohamadkarbi says:

Snowing scenes are always lovely. I miss snow. Enjoy your time…

6. koolaidmoms says:

Glad you are enjoying your time in Michigan! There is so much to do and see. You are lucky you have snow. We are in southwest Michigan and there is no snow and Lake Michigan never even froze over this year!

• TrevnJess says:

Aww thank you! 🙂
      This is just a normal amount of snow for Trevor but for me it’s something new haha, not used to the snow in the UK that’s for sure! But I’m loving every minute! such a beautiful state!
      aww that’s a shame then! lake superior froze over nearly most of it 🙂
      Jess
      x

7. Glad you are enjoying MI. I visited 30 years ago to see my favorite person and moved there 29 years ago to nurture a wonderful relationship and begin a delightful family. I have grown to love MI over the years even though I grew up in the south, TN to be exact. I can’t see leaving this lovely place any time soon – even though all the kids are grown and have moved off to other great places!

• TrevnJess says:

Aww that’s so sweet and sounds so perfect, moving from the UK to USA proves difficult and a lot more time due to visa’s etc, but we will get there 🙂 so we can begin a life together and grow a family like you have done! Michigan is beautiful and I can’t wait to see what spring and summer have in store for me 🙂 Take care!
      Jess x

8. Hi! This year I have been taking my time w resolutions and reevaluating/revising everything as I go along (sounds a little daunting now hat I see it in writing, but I am much more consistent with goals this year 😊) Wow, I think NJ is cold, I cannot imagine Michigan!! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog last week, it was nice of you!

• TrevnJess says:

Hey!
      That sounds great! Anything to help our readers, please reach out to us and well do our best to support you if you need help with any goals.
      Yes! Michigan is pretty chilly haha! Especially for me, i’ve come from the UK so definitely a little shock to the system, but i’m loving every minute here!
      Anytime 🙂
      Jess x

9. Your excitement is palpable in your words! Hope you have a wonderful time at Michigan! Thank you for visiting my blog!

10. Winter in Michigan looks great!
    I’m writing about life matters in my secondary blog: https://inesepogalifeschool.com/

11. I lived in Miami most of my life. I see your world is so much different. Thanks for visiting my blog.

12. Elizabeth says:

I’m glad you had fun in Michigan! In a Michigan lady born and raised. But this winter has been so warm! I was outside in shorts today!

• TrevnJess says:

Crazy isn’t it, that exact day we were also really warm! Felt like summer! Michigan is beautiful 🙂 can’t wait to explore more!
      Jess x

13. Welcome to Michigan! I do hope that you enjoy your stay. Sounds like you are already doing fun things and seeing great places.

14. Since i’ve lived in the tropics more than half my life it’s hard to remember what cold is like
    but this fine post took me back to winters in Ireland when i was growing up.

With my best

john

15. Herman says:

Hi Jess & Trev. Thank you for visiting and following HoB. Much appreciated!